- 9 x 5-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan
- parchment paper
- large bowl
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated zucchini (well scrubbed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line an 9 x 5-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing sides of paper to overhang.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Let cool on rack completely.