- measuring cups & spoons
- blender or food processer
- large pot
- 1 package linguini (about 400g)
- 1 cup (250ml) basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup (160ml) parmesan, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15ml) walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ cup (375ml) reserved pasta water
- ¼ cup (60ml) miso
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 1 tsp (2.5ml) lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- To make the pesto, in a blender bowl, pulse together basil, olive oil, garlic, walnuts and 3 tbsp parmesan. Season with salt and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Now cook the pasta for 3 minutes less than what the package suggests for al dente. Strain noodles and reserve 1 ½ cup of pasta water.
- In a large pot, add the reserved pasta water, miso and butter. Stir together and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cook on high for about 3 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken. Turn heat to low and add 1/3 cup of parmesan and pesto. Add lemon juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Put linguini into a wide mouth bowl, garnish with more parmesan and enjoy!