- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- In large saucepan set over medium heat, bring 2 cups (500 mL) milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt to boil.
- Stir in oats; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 to 45 minutes or until oats are tender.
- Stir in half of the sugar.
- Serve with yogurt, chopped pecans and remaining sugar.