No Cooking Required
- mixing bowl
- blender/food processor
- ¼ cup (59 ml) milk
- 2 cups (34 g) fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 cup (17 g) fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 green chilies (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Store-bought or homemade samosas (optional)
- Wash the coriander leaves and mint leaves thoroughly and drain excess water.
- In a blender or food processor, add the coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Blend them together until you get a coarse paste.
- Add fresh milk and blend again until the mixture becomes smooth. You can adjust the milk quantity to achieve your desired consistency.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season with salt to taste and adjust the spice level by adding more chopped green chilies if needed.
- If you’re serving with samosas, reheat the samosas in an oven or air fryer until they are hot and crispy.
- Serve the chutney alongside the hot samosas as a dipping sauce.