- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (About 1 3/4 lb/875 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked spinach, drained well
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted red pepper strips, patted dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally almost all the way through and open like a book. Flatten thicker end lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet. Divide spinach among inside of each chicken breast, then add red pepper to each and top with feta. Roll up each chicken breast firmly, beginning at thinnest end of breast. Secure each breast with a toothpick. Sprinkle each with oregano and salt.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and brown well all over; remove to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Add whipping cream and bring to a boil. Return chicken breasts to skillet and reduce heat to simmer sauce.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken breasts and simmer gently, uncovered for about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove chicken breasts to a platter, remove toothpicks and keep warm.
- Stir Parmesan and lemon zest into skillet and continue stirring until melted. Pour sauce over chicken to serve.