- Baking sheet
- Teapot or kettle
- Large bowl
- Serving platter (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) flake-style corn cereal
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk, divided
- 4 green tea bags
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 8 slices brioche or egg bread (about 1/2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, divided
- Icing sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Spread cereal in even layer on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave 1 cup (250 mL) milk on High for about 60 seconds or until steaming. Pour over tea bags in teapot; steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and squeeze out as much liquid as possible; discard tea bags.
- Whisk together tea milk with remaining milk. Place cereal in large bowl; pour milk mixture over top, stirring to ensure that all of the cereal is covered. Let stand for 1 hour. Strain and discard solids.
- Whisk together cereal milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Melt half of the butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread in milk mixture for 30 to 45 seconds or until saturated; add to skillet. Cook, in batches, for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Arrange French toast on platter or serving plates. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with raspberries. Serve with maple syrup.