Explore more recipes.
1. Preheat over to 375°F (180°C). Butter well (5×3-inch/500 mL) 5 loaf pans/ Set on a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar and finely grated zest from lemon until creamy. Measure milk, then stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice. Set aside. Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in vanilla. Don’t worry if mixture curdles.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour with cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Set aside 1/3 cup (75 mL) blueberries. Gently stir remaining blueberries into batter.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with reserved berries. Bake 30 to 35 min or until a tester inserted in centre of loaves comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 min. Run a knife around edge of loaves and remove from pans. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
5. Lemon Glaze: Finely grate 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest into a small bowl and squeeze out a tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice. Stir in icing sugar. It will be quite thick. Once loaves have cooled completely dip fork in glaze and using a back-and-forth motion over loaves, drizzle glaze on top.