- 2/3 cup (150 mL) quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise, either light or regular
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 4 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) torn mint leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely grated carrot
- 1/2 small red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula leaves
- 1 small ripe but firm avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into thin strips
- 1 lime, halved
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh sieve under cold water; set aside. Bring milk, water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to the very lowest temperature; cook 20 min or until tender. Turn off heat; let stand for 5 min. Fluff quinoa with fork then cool completely.
- Stir mayonnaise with hot sauce. Lay tortillas on counter. Spread each tortilla with mayonnaise mixture. In a horizontal row, divide quinoa on bottom part of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch (2.5 cm) border. In rows, top with mango, mint, carrot, red pepper, arugula, avocado and a squeeze of lime. Tightly roll tortilla around filling until you reach the centre. Tuck in sides then continue to roll until filling is completely enclosed. If not serving right away, wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Wraps will keep well overnight.
- Quinoa can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.