- measuring cups and spoons
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- 10″ (25 cm) springform pan
- 2 packages (250 g) cream cheese
- 1 package (125 g) cream cheese
- 1 c (250 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (398 mL) plain pumpkin
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1/3 c (75 mL) brandy
- 1 1/2 c (325 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c (60 mL) sugar
- 1/2 c (125 mL) butter, melted
- whipping cream, chocolate syrup and chocolate pieces for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, cream all the cream cheese together with the sugar until it is white. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin, spices and brandy; mix well.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix together the crust ingredients and press them into the bottom and sides of the springform pan.
- Turn batter into the springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Turn temperature down to 325°F (170°C) and bake cheesecake for about 50–60 minutes. Then turn off oven and leave cake in the oven for one more hour. Remove from oven and chill well.
- To decorate, whip cream and spread over top of cake. Use chocolate syrup to draw two concentric circles on top of the layer of whipped cream. Using a toothpick, draw lines from the center of the cheesecake to the outer edge. This creates a spiderweb pattern over the top of the cake. Add chocolate garnishes in the center.