Get crafty with your kids this spring break with these fun ideas
What's a Mom to do when the kids are home during spring break? Here's an idea, make some crafts with your kids by up-cycling your empty milk containers! Our friends at Milk Every Moment shared their Milk DIY craft ideas with us and we LOVE them. Here are the demonstration videos and step-by-step instructions:
Add some bohemian flair to your home with these eco-friendly feather mobiles.
- You will need: scissors, a blade, string, beads, a dowel, paint, a hole punch and a 4L milk jug.
- Cut feather shapes out of the milk jug.
- Paint and allow to dry.
- Use scissors to add details to the feathers.
- Punch a hole at the top of the feathers.
- String feathers and beads together and tie them to the dowel.
- Add a string to the dowel so it can be hung.
Give your lights some flower power with these peony lights.
- You will need: a string of twinkly lights, acrylic paint, a paintbrush, a blade, scissors and a 4L milk jug.
- Cut flower pieces out of the milk jug.
- Cut a hole in the centre of the flower pieces for the lights.
- For each flower, you will need four flower petal shapes and one circle.
- Add details with scissors.
- Paint the edges of the flower pieces. Allow them to dry.
- Place the petals over the lights.
- Place four flower petal pieces, followed by one circle piece.
Milk Carton Truck
Get your recycling really moving with these milk carton trucks.
- You will need: pipe cleaners, milk jug caps, a pencil, washi tape, a glue stick, scissors, colourful paper, a knife, markers and a milk carton.
- Cut your milk carton with a knife. Create a truck shape by cutting one of the ends to create a trunk.
- Wrap the colourful paper over the milk carton and use glue to stick it together.
- Decorate your truck with colourful washi tape and glue on the other details like windows and headlights with paper cut outs.
- Cut X’s into the milk jug caps.
- Poke holes into the truck where you’d like to have wheels.