This delicious pork tenderloin is ready in a flash
© 2015 Milk Calendar - February 2015
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet
- 1 pork tenderloin, sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick round pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pitted black olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 2 to 3 min per side until barely pink.
- Remove to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and thyme; cook just until onion is tender, about 2 min.
- Sprinkle with flour; whisk to combine.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Whisk for 2 to 3 min until smooth and thickened.
- Stir in olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return any juices on plate to sauce; heat through.
- Serve pork with sauce spooned over top.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately