Ooey gooey good!
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Frying pan
- Mixing spoon
- 1.5 L Casserole dish
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baking cheese (dry curds) *
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil
- 1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp (75 mL) parmesan cheese
- * dairy case near cottage cheese
- Substitute: use ricotta cheese (drained overnight) instead of baking cheese. Note: the casserole will be more watery.
- Sauté onion in oil until transparent.
- Mix zucchini and onion together.
- Whip baking cheese, sugar and egg with basil in blender.
- Place alternating layers of zucchini and cheese in a 1.5 L casserole.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 180º C oven for 25–30 minutes.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately