All the flavour of yummy banana bread is packed into a jar for a fun and portable breakfast that kids can enjoy on the run.
- 4 re-usable containers with lids
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife for slicing banana
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 bananas, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) vanilla yogurt
If eating breakfast at home, add chopped walnuts or almonds for extra crunch.
- Find four 1-cup reusable containers with lids. In each of the containers, place 3 Tbsp (45 mL) oats in the bottom, drizzle honey over tip; sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and pour in 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk.
- Peel 1 banana and slice into rounds 1 cm thick; divide banana slices among containers.
- Top each container with 1/4 cup (60 mL) yogurt. Cover tightly with lids; refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, slice remaining banana; divide among containers
Oats will last in the refrigerator for 24 hours.