Smooth and luscious!
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- 10" (25 cm) Springform pan
- 1-1/2 (375 mL) cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) soft butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (750 mL) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- grated rind of 1 lemon or orange
Who would have guessed it's made with yogurt! For a delicious variation, substitute raspberries for blueberries.
- Combine flour, sugar baking powder, butter, egg whites and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Press onto bottom of 10" (25 cm) springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Layer blueberries on base.
- In large bowl, combine flour, yogurt, egg, sugar, vanilla and lemon rind. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over blueberries.
- Bake 60–70 minutes or until cake is firm and golden.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately