This Persian spinach salad makes a wonderful dip.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large saucepan
- Knife and cutting board
- 675 g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) yogurt (preferably drained)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried mint leaves, crushed
- Simmer the spinach and onion in a large saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Drain and chop coarsely. Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and mint leaves.
- Serve with flat bread cut in squares for scooping up the salad.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately