Buttermilk and yogurt make this delicious dressing a healthy addition to any salad.
- Blender or food processor
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cup and spoons
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut in chunks
- 2 Tbsp. (25 mL) chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. (10 mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup ( 75 mL) low-fat yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- In blender or food processor, process garlic, buttermilk, mayonnaise, cucumber, basil, mustard and hot pepper sauce until mixed.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate (for 3 to 4 days).