Mini pitas make these appetizing egg salad sandwiches easy to manage.
- measuring cup
- small bowl and whisk to beat eggs
- skillet and spatula for scrambling eggs
- mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce, no salt added
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) your choice of vegetables (zucchini, green peppers, celery, green onions, etc), grated
- 6 oz. (180 g) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 12–15 whole wheat mini pitas (or 4 large pitas) cut in half
- Mix pizza sauce, eggs, vegetables and cheese together in mixing bowl.
- Stuff pita halves with mixture and add to lunchbox along with crudités.