These simple, personalized puddings are sure to please everyone's palate.
- measuring cups and spoons
- large saucepan
- medium bowl
- large serving bowl or 8 individual serving dishes
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tsp rose water (optional)
- 1 to 3 tsp (5 to 15 mL) vanilla (see below)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
Variation: Garnish with pomegranate seeds and pistachios or your favourite dried fruit trail mix combo. Substitute toasted slivered almonds for raisins.
Cooking tip: Rose water is used in Middle Eastern cooking. It can be found in large supermarkets.
- In a large saucepan, stir 3 cups of milk with sugar. Set over medium-high heat, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Place remaining milk in a medium bowl. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Once milk reaches a simmer, whisking continuously, add cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a full rolling boil; stir continuously until mixture thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rose water, if using, and 1 tsp vanilla. If not using rose water, stir in 3 tsp vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl or individual serving dishes. To prevent a skin from forming, place plastic wrap on surface of pudding. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. Discard plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon or your favourite toppings.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately