Thinly sliced fennel has a refreshing crunch and pairs well with a citrusy dressing in this lunch recipe.
- Small whisk
- Cutting board
- Mandoline or sharp chef’s knife
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 head fennel, fronds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed feta cheese
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add fennel, red onion, chickpeas and feta; toss to coat well.
Tip: Use mandolin guard or safety glove when slicing fennel and onion to get perfect slices without any cuts!