It sounds decadent (and it is!). This pizza is excellent as a main with a green salad or cut into hors d'oeuvre-size pieces!
- parchment paper
- baking pan
- paper towels
- medium saucepan
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (450 g pkg)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked small shrimp (150-200 count), thawed if needed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked small scallops (100 to 150 count), thawed if needed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 Tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 70 g pkg smoked salmon, thawed if needed
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- Microgreens (optional)
Cooking Tip: It is really important to remove all moisture from seafood or pizza will be soggy
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Unroll pastry and place side by side (overlapping slightly to form pizza crust) to fit on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Press overlapped dough together so it sticks.
- Prick all over with a fork. Fold and press 1/2 inch (1 cm) of pastry all around outside edge to form a rim. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using your hands, over the sink, squeeze out excess water from shrimp and scallops. Place in paper towel then gently squeeze again.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour, thyme, me and salt; whisk. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, whisking for 2 min or until smooth and thickened. Turn into a bowl and refigerate.
- Slice salmon crosswise. Chop red pepper into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces.
- Remove pastry from the fridge. Thinly spread with milk sauce. Sprinkle with half the Mozzarella. Scatter with red pepper and onion. Add shrimp, scallops, smoked salmon and remaining cheese.
- Bake 18 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with microgreens (optional).