Serve for a nutritious snack or pack fruit and dip in containers to go.
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- cutting board and knife
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg (optional)
- 4 cups (1L) fresh fruit pieces
Fresh fruit ideas: apple or pear wedges, nectarine slices, banana chunks, pineapple chunks, strawberries, cherries or seedless grapes.
If you like to eat frozen fruit, you can use some fresh and some frozen but don't let the frozen fruit thaw—it will get too soft and watery for dipping.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using). Portion into small bowls or airtight containers. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- On serving plates or portable containers with lids, arrange fruit pieces around bowl or container of yogurt for dipping.