Your guests won’t be able to wait to try this flavourful spread as the aromas waft from the oven.
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- 9" (23 cm) Springform pan
- Food processor or blender
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely crushed soda crackers
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) creamed cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9" (23 cm) springform pan.
- In same frying pan, melt 1 tsp. butter. Add green onions. Sauté until soft.
- Spread onions over crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with monterey jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne until smooth.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5–10 minutes and serve warm.