The BCDA staff share their favourite smoothie recipes
- Smoothie blender
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp-1/4 cup (30-60 mL) vanilla yogurt
- 1 peeled carrot (or a bunch of baby carrots, depends what is in the fridge)
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen pineapple
Who doesn’t like a quick and easy solution to getting a healthy dose of your daily fruits and veggies servings in one sitting. BCDA’s Project Manager, Nadia Shah, loves starting the day with a delicious smoothie or blended juice.
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy!
- If bananas are getting too brown and will not be consumed them right away, put them into the freezer for future smoothies
- Best part of smoothies is not having to measure exactly. It saves you from washing extra utensils such as measuring spoons or cups.
- Keeping frozen fruit in the freezer allows easy access to chopped fruits and keeps the smoothie chilled
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately