With a hint of lemon and vanilla, these creamy no-bake cheesecake bars are an easy alternative to classic cheesecake. Take this recipe over the top by incorporating fresh local berries.
- 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal baking pan
- parchment paper
- 1 cup (250 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) melted butter
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal baking pan with parchment paper, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) of parchment on all sides; set aside. Stir crumbs with sugar until combined; stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture into prepared pan; transfer to freezer until set, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; add condensed milk, vanilla and lemon zest. Spread mixture over crust, smoothing top. Refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 24 hours or until set. Cut into 16 bars.