These are so moist, you'll throw away your old biscuit recipe!
- Pastry blender or two knives
- Cookie sheet
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) creamed cottage cheese
- butter or spray for greasing the cookie sheet
Although they are best served fresh baked and warm from the oven, they can be made ahead and lightly toasted under the broiler.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with pastry blender or 2 knives until particles are the size of small peas.
- Stir in cottage cheese all at once.
- Drop by generous tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.