Here's a simple idea for a quick meal.
- Large pot
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoon
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground meat (beef, lamb, turkey, etc.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 14 oz (398 mL) tin of tomatoes
- 14 oz (398 mL) tin of kidney beans
- 1-2 tsp (5–10 mL) chili powder
- Shredded cheese for topping
- Optional: vegetables (frozen, canned, fresh)
- Brown the meat in oil over medium heat. Drain the fat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with shredded cheese of your choice
Serve with pasta, rice or bread. Add a glass of milk to make a balanced meal.
Double the recipe and freeze the extra for a quick meal later on.