This warm breakfast recipe is full of fall flavours & perfect for a chilly morning.
- Large knife
- Large baking pan
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ~2 Tbsp melted butter or canola oil for greasing pan and rubbing on potatoes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 2-2.5 cups Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet well with melted butter or oil.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and then cut them evenly in half lengthwise.
- Rub the potatoes all over with melted butter or oil. Sprinkle potatoes with pumkpin pie spice and place them cut-side down on the greased baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and flip them over so the cut-side is now facing up. Sprinkle with more pumpkin pie seasoning if desired (or if it stuck to the pan) and drizzle the potatoes with maple syrup, about 1 tsp per 1/2 potato (more if desired).
- Place potatoes back in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes more, until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a small knife and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- To serve, divide the yogurt, pecans, and cranberries evenly between the sweet potatoes. Enjoy warm.