Tired of the same old breakfast options? This easy-to-make and delicious quiche recipe is the way to go!
- 10-inch pie plate or baking dish
- Baking tray
- Large bowl
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach, about 1/3 (5 oz/142 g) pkg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bite-size strips roasted red pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) each, salt and dried oregano leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled feta, well-drained, about 1/4 of a 400 g container
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180⁰ C). Butter a 10-inch (25 cm) pie plate or baking dish; dust bottom and sides with bread crumbs. Place pie plate on baking tray. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add green onions, cook 1 min. Add spinach; stir until very wilted, 2 min. Spoon spinach mixture into prepared dish. Place pepper strips in paper towel and squeeze dry. Scatter over spinach.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk with eggs, cornstarch, salt, oregano and pepper until well blended. Pour over spinach mixture. Arrange Feta over top (it will sink in a bit).
- Bake about 35 minutes or until egg mixture is just set in centre. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges (like pie, the first wedge may not be perfect).
Cooking Tip: For best results and to prevent quiche from being watery, use 2% or homogenized milk. Breadcrumbs are sprinkled on the dish for easier removal of quiche wedges.