Super easy, super tasty, and will likely rank among your family's favourites, or switch it up and turn it into an Italian sandwhich.
- Frying Pan
- Casserole Dish
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bottled tomato passata
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Paramesan
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 4 small Italian buns (optional)
1. Preheat over to 400°F (200°C). Spread passata over base of a 9x13-inch (3 L) casserole dish. 2. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Horizontally slice chicken breasts in half to form 4 cutlets. Press both sides of each cutlet into breadcrumbs to coat. Set aside. Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Add chicken, cooking until golden brown on each side for 2 to 4 min (chicken will not be cooked through). Place in casseole dish. 3. Wipe pan clean. Melt remaning 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Add chicken, cooking until golden brown on each side for 2 to 4 min (chicken will not be cooked through). Place in casserole dish. 3. Wipe pan clean. Add garlic; cook for 1 min. Whisk in flour, then milk until blended. Bring to a boil, whisking until bubbly and thickened, about 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat and stir in Mozarella. Drizzle Mozarella sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with basil. Servce as is, or place chicken and some sauce in buns.
Cooking Tip: Passata is a tomato sauce made from strained tomatoes. It makes a great base for pizza as well.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately