Bite-size Tiramisu cakes for you and all your friends to try.
- Muffin Pan
- Large Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Bowls
- MOCHA CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) instant espresso or coffee granules
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- MASCARPONE ICING:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰F (190⁰C). Butter a muffin pan or line with paper liners
2. Whisk milk with espresso or coffee granules and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk flour with baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until very creamy. Add eggs; scraping down sides of bowl, beat until well blended. Add half the flour mixture, mixing until just blended, followed by milk mixture than remaining flour mixture, scraping bowl as needed.
4. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18 to 20 min or until cake tester inserted into centre of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in a pan or rack for 10 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
5. Mascarpone Icing: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with icing sugar and vanilla until creamy. Beat in Mascarpone. Use a pastry bag or make a small diagonal cut in the corner of a heavy-dute resealable plastic bag. Fill bag with icing. Then squeeze and swirl icing onto cupcakes Or, generously swirl with back of spoon onto cooled cupcakes. Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with espresso beans.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately