Try this Dutch variation of milk custard.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) cornstach
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- Whisk egg with sugar and cornstarch until well mixed.
- Put on stove on high, slowly stirring and adding milk gradually. Bring to boil.
- When it thickens, turn heat down to medium and add vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Cool and serve cold at room temperature.
Looking for something savory to have after a meal? Try arranging a Dutch cheese platter from BC made Dutch cheeses (also comes with wine pairing suggestions)!
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately