Children munch on more veggies when there's a tasty dip.
- sieve and cheesecloth to drain yogurt
- bowl on which to rest the sieve
- plastic wrap
- medium-sized mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- garlic press
- mixing spoon
- storage container
- 2 cups (500 mL) container plain yogurt, gelatin-free, drained overnight
- 1/2 Tbsp (7.5 mL) seasoning salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried dill week
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) onion powder
Use less seasoning salt if you wish to reduce the amount of sodium in this recipe.
- Place sieve, lined with damp paper towel or damp cheesecloth, into a bowl. Pour plain yogurt into sieve. Cover with plastic wrap. Put into refrigerator to drain overnight.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together drained yogurt, seasoning salt, garlic, dill weed and onion powder. Mix until well blended.
- Transfer into plastic container with tight fitting lid. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.