- Finely slice the red onion and place in small bowl. Cover with water and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage into fine shreds and toss into salad bowl.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut the tomato and cucumber into julienne strips and add to salad bowl.
- Chop the green chili finely and add to the salad.
- Drain the red onion and add it to the salad.
- Sprinkle on chia seeds and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle on olive oil and squeeze in lemon juice. Toss to mix thoroughly.
This salad keeps well in the fridge. In addition to using it as a salad, try it as a condiment in sandwiches!