- Measuring cup and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, shopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2″ (1 cm) cubes
- 1 can (5 oz. or 142 g) clams, undrained
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp and golden brown.
- Add onion. Sauté until soft.
- Stir in thyme and flour. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add potatoes. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, utnil potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add clams with juice. Simmer until hot. Remove from heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.