- measuring cups & spoons
- chopping board
- large knife
- large mixing bowl
- 10-cup, freezer safe, covered container
- can opener (if necessary)
- 2 ¼ cup (625 mL) whole milk, 3.25% m.f.
- ¾ cup (175 mL) half-and-half cream, 10% m.f.
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream, 33% m.f.
- 1 ½ (175 mL) cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup (175 mL) mango pulp, OR 2 ataulfo mangoes, puréed
- 2 ataulfo mangoes, cubed or mashed (optional, for added texture)
- ½ cup (175 mL) pistachios, coarsely chopped (optional, for added texture and flavour)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cardamom, ground (optional, for added flavour)
- Combine 2¼ c whole milk, ¾ c half-and-half cream, and 2 c whipping cream.
- Add 1½ c sugar and stir continuously to dissolve.
- Whisk in the 1½ c mango pulp until fully mixed.
- If using optional ingredients, add these now, stirring to fully incorporate.
- Transfer to a 10-cup, freezer-safe container, covering tightly.
- Freeze for 8-10 hours, or over night.
- Optional: Serve with fresh mango cubes, pistachio pieces, or splash of rose water