From the Plate to Practice: Reflections on Canada's Food Guide
The food guide snapshot is only the tip of the iceberg. This forum provided an opportunity for health professionals to delve deeper and discover how we can all work together to implement Canada's food guide and support healthy eating in BC.
When: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 8:00 am - 12:30 pm (breakfast included)
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building, Room 221, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
- Lisa McKellar, RD, Regional Executive Director-BC, Dietitians of Canada (Moderator)
- Susan Barr, PhD, FDC, Professor Emeritus, UBC
- Melanie Kurrein, RD, Manager, Food Security, Provincial Health Services Authority
- Nolan Deng, RD & Jessica Wang, RD, In-store Dietitians, Loblaws
- Helen Yeung, RD, Public Health Dietitian, North Shore, Vancouver
- Andrea Godfreyson, RD, Manager, Office of the Provincial Dietitian, BC Ministry of Health
Dietitians, nurses, physicians, dental hygienists, physiotherapists, health educators, fitness professionals and anyone involved in nutrition education and health promotion were invited to join the discussion at this forum for health professionals.
|This annual forum is presented by the BC Dairy Association, a not-for-profit organization funded entirely by the dairy producers of British Columbia. BC Dairy Association has been providing innovative nutrition education programs to schools for over 40 years and resources for the community distributed by health professionals.|