- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 1 lb/500g)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pkg (375 g) whole-wheat fusilli
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in sweet potato, fusilli, milk, water, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta and sweet potatoes are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in Mozzarella cheese. Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Add crumbled Feta cheese before serving.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.