It will give you a fuel boost plus protein and fibre to help you stay alert and avoid mid-morning munchies.
In a hurry?
- Blend frozen berries, yogurt and milk for a super smoothie. Add baby spinach and ground flax for a nutrition boost.
- Wrap peanut butter, a banana and trail mix in a whole-grain tortilla for a portable, crunchy breakfast.
- Prepare the night before this pear and raspberry yogurt muesli.
Looking for more suggestions for breakfast in a hurry? Check our 5 Quick Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Day Off Right article and our Brief Breakfasts resource.
- Make a burrito with scrambled egg, lentils or soft tofu, sautéed red pepper, avocado and salsa wrapped in a warm tortilla.
- Top French toast with yogurt, sunflower seeds and warm sautéed apple slices.
- Make this apple cinnamon quinoa porridge.
Feeling inspired to expand your horizon? Read through our Mosaic of BC Breakfast series.
by Rola Zahr, MPH, RD
Adapted from The Dietitians of Canada’s Nutrition Month Campaign Materials. Find more information about Nutrition Month at:www.nutritionmonth2016.ca