These breakfast options only require a few minutes of prep and they’ve got fibre and protein to keep you fueled until lunch!
- Make a parfait by layering toasted oats, seeds, berries and yogurt in a reusable container in the fridge overnight.
- Slow-cook barley overnight with cinnamon, diced apple, and pecans.
Grab and go:
- Blend a smoothie with frozen fruit, milk, yogurt and/or a handful of kale or spinach.
- Wrap up hummus, cucumber, and avocado in a whole-wheat tortilla. Try this white bean and feta hummus for a spin on the traditional version.
- Enjoy a breakfast sandwich with egg (pan fried or microwaved), cheese, tomato and lettuce on whole-grain toast or an english muffin.
Content adapted from: http://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Nutrition-Month/Nutrition-Month-2015.aspx