- Sharp knife
- Metal spoon
- Large baking tray
- Food processor or potato masher
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Remove the pumpkin stem with a sharp knife.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and stringy parts with the metal spoon. Compost the stringy parts and try using the seeds to make Crunchy Pumpkin Seeds.
- Place the pumpkin halves pulp side down on a large baking sheet. Bake until tender (about 45 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool.
- Scrape the pulp off from the rind with the metal spoon. Use a food processor or a potato masher to purée the pulp (about 1-2 minutes).