- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a large bowl, toss together zucchini, red and yellow peppers, eggplant, oil, oregano, basil salt and pepper until vegetables are coated. Transfer to a baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk, cream and eggs. Cut each slice of bread diagonally in half.
- Arrange 8 bread halves on the bottom of the baking dish. Stir tomato into the roasted vegetables. Scatter half the vegetable mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with half of the mozzaralla and half of the asiago chese.
- Arrange remaining bread halves on top. Scatter with remaining vegetables. Slowly pour milk mixture over top. Press gently to submerge bread. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until casserole is hot in the middle and cheese is a deep golden color. Cover for the last 10 minutes if it is browning too quickly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Cooking tip: As there are so many varieties of eggplant available today, just pick your favourite. There is no need to peel it either!