- measuring cups and spoons
- food processor
- baking sheet with parchment
- 450g bag frozen diced hash browns, thawed or cooked diced potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 tbsp (15ml) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) garlic powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse hash browns to finely chopped, roughly to look like long grain rice.
- Add the cheese, flour, garlic powder, onion powder and olive oil to the food processor and pulse together.
- Now scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture, pack tightly in your hand and then gently shape into tater tot shape. Place onto lined baking pan. Mixture will be a little crumbly, but it should pack. Also, don’t worry if the shape isn’t perfect. Repeat for all mixture.
- Now bake in oven for 10 minutes, and then carefully flip the tater tots and cook for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy with your favourite sauce!