- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife for veggies
- Cutting board and knife for chicken
- Large pot
- Stirring spoon
- Medium bowl
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 2/3 cup (900 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) fine egg noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 1 boneless skinless breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar snap peas
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add oinion, garlic and bay leaf; cook just until onion is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and chicken; simmer covered, 2 minutes.
- Whisk flour with milk in a bowl. Whisk into chicken broth mixture.
- Add sugar snap peas. Stirring, bring back to a boil; add spinach and parsley. Stir about 1 minute, just until spinach wilts.
- Discard bay leaf. Season with pepper.