- measuring cup and spoons
- cutting board and knife
- large skillet
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 12 oz (360 g) steak, seasoned with steak spices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup (375 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 3–5 Tbsp BBQ sauce or HP sauce
- 4 oz (120 g) Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 8 slices of tomato
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- In a large skillet, heat half the butter over high heat and cook the steak, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet and reserve.
- In the same skillet, add remaining butter and cook onion and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface and position a lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- Cut the steak into strips and divide evenly among 4 tortillas.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients (including the sauce) among tortillas and roll up. Cut in half and wrap for your lunchbox. Can be eaten hot or cold.