- measuring cups and spoons
- knife to slice strawberries
- 2 large mixing bowls
- plastic wrap
- 8-inch (20 cm) crepe pan or non-stick skillet
- small sieve
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter; whisk into flour mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 8-inch (20 cm) crepe pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush with some of the remaining butter. Pour just less than 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter into centre of pan, swirling to coat; cook about 1–1.5 minutes; flip, cook another 1–1.5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place strawberries in centre of each crepe; fold in sides and roll up. Place icing sugar into a small sieve and sprinkle over crepes.
- To make crepes ahead, layer between sheets of waxed paper and wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze in airtight container for up to 1 month. Warm in dry skillet set over medium-low heat.