- In heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat, combine milk, rice, 1 cup (250 mL) water, whipping cream, brown sugar, cinnamon stick and salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, stirring often, for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is soft and very tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- Stir in lime juice, lime zest and vanilla.
- Divide evenly among 4 serving dishes.
- Let cool slightly or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top with berries and basil; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Tip: Add 1 star anise and seeds from 4 cardamom pods along with cinnamon stick if desired.