- Large slow cooker
- Tea towels
- 8 cups (2 L) milk
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt (with live and active cultures)
- In large slow cooker set to low, cook milk for 2.5 hours. Turn off slow cooker; whisk in sweetened condensed milk and let cool for 3 hours.
- Turn off and unplug slow cooker; whisk in yogurt. Cover with lid, then cover slow cooker with a few tea towels. Let stand for 8 to 12 hours (yogurt should be thickened and creamy). Transfer to container, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve this delicious yogurt with fruit and nuts for breakfast or as a snack, enjoy it as a drinkable yogurt, or use it as the base of a sauce or marinade.