These ideas will help you think about and plan ways to increase your calcium.
Pick one or two changes that you can easily make.
- Select milk as a beverage when eating out.
- Stir-fry broccoli, kale or bok choy and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Use yogurt or hummus as a dip, garnish, spread or dressing.
- Stock up on canned salmon for use in sandwiches, salads and casseroles.
- Make soups with milk instead of water.
- Try tofu in lasagna.
- Make your coffee choice a caffè latte.
- Add cheese or chickpeas to salads and sandwiches.
- Select milk desserts such as custards, puddings and yogurt.
- Buy calcium-enriched milk or enrich your own by adding 1 Tbsp. of skim milk powder per cup of milk.
- Add skim milk powder to cooked cereals, casseroles, hamburger patties, omelettes, mashed potatoes, etc.