- In a medium bowl, whisk milk with yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chives, if using.
- Trim kale by cutting out and discarding tough ribs of leaves. Stack leaves, then slice crosswise into strips about 1 1/4 inch (3 cm) wide, for about 10 cups (2.5 L).
- Place kale in serving bowl. Add orange segments, almonds and feta. Gently toss.
- Drizzle with about 1 cup (250 mL) dressing.
- Gently toss in avocado.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing up to 2 days.
Cooking tip: For even more flavour, toast almonds for a couple of minutes in a skillet over medium heat until fragrant.