Explore more recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
2. To dry out bread, place on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 min, stirring once.
3. Butter a 10-inch casserole dish.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Add bread and stir. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions with celery until tender, for about 3 min.
5. Stir in fruit, hazelnuts, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Add to bread mixture; stir to combine. Pour into prepared dish.
6. Bake about 45 min or until puffed and hot in centre.
Cooking tip: Use day-old bread, if you can. It’s even better.